Sunday, July 5, 2009

Tee Ball!

This was McCoy's last year playing Tee Ball! He was not very happy at first when Brian told him that he needed to play for one more year before moving on to coach pitch, but I am so glad that Brian decided that. McCoy has played Tee Ball the last 2 years and they were both rough to say the least! The first year Brian and I took on coaching and McCoy was a little snot! He didn't want to play in the outfield and would throw a fit if he didn't get to run all of the bases at once, but he didn't want to be the last batter either! Therefore McCoy was the first batter of every inning and he ran all of the bases. How embarrassing! Last year Brian was the assistant coach in hopes that McCoy would behave better for someone else, nope!

This year however was different! McCoy played great and was such a good sportsman. He would run after the ball no matter where it was hit, and he usually got it! He also played first base a lot and was getting pretty good at catching the ball and tagging the base before throwing it home! It was a lot of fun to watch McCoy this year, I got to go to 3 or 4 games and enjoyed them all!

At the Lion's Tournament McCoy was amazed at the Coach Pitch League. He was almost late for his game because he was watching their game. He kept asking me if that's what he gets to do next year. He is pretty sure he can do it, but only if Dad gets to pitch!

I've decided that it is a lot of fun to watch your kids grow up and start new things! Maybe I do live a little through them, but who doesn't? Kids are awesome! I'm not saying that I would do it again, but I am saying that I wouldn't trade it for the world!

I was going to upload a couple of pictures but the blogger apparently thinks that the files are corrupt! Sorry!

No comments: